Saturday, October 15, 2005

Permanent Site

Finally got the news today! My permanent site will be in the village of Malole, located in Northern Province, about 70km east of Kasama. Here I am pointing at the site.

I'll be heading to Northern on Monday, spending the night in Kasama, then heading to a different site for intensive training in situ for the next two weeks. Looks like Malole is a kind of remote location so I won't get to see my actual site until I actually get posted. More details later. Oh, and we (finally) got our bikes today too!

1 Comments:

At 5:25 PM, Blogger Grace said...

Mutende mune!
Mwalyeni bwino!

It was great to see your new pics on your weblink. Maybe you will get sakile sabi at your permanent site....Or maybe you will have another project.
There's something to be said for very remote sites!
Enjoy the people, the land, and the food-be sure you get enough protein (not from caterpillars gone bad, though)! I wish you busama at your permanent site.
Commenting remotely,
Grace

 

Post a Comment

<< Home