Bicycle Soliloquy
Am I there yet?!
Damn this uphill.
Wow it's hot. Akasuba sana! Good thing I wore white today.
Look out little beetle! Oops, too late; the tire wins again.
Should I stop for water? Phew! No no, one more kilometer. Huff puff.
Ooh hell, this uphill isn't getting any shorter. Water break.
Back on the road! Whoa that breeze feels good! Look at that sky! Waaa, I just missed that puddle. This wet sand is awful. It'll be dry in an hour; I should have left later. No, I should've left earlier; the sun is worse.
What the...! Was that a 6-inch dragonfly?! How are the bugs here so huge?! And shouldn't I be thinking in metrics by now?
Man I am CRAWLING. Is my tire flat? Maybe it's just the weight of my bag. I'll check it in a kilometer. Oh screw it, I'll check it now.
Am I there yet?!


1 Comments:
Mutende mune Ned-ee!
I enjoyed your bicycle soliloquy--not from a schadenfreude aspect--I thought it was well-written. Wet sand! It must be awful riding your bike through that shifty stuff.
I also enjoyed the new pics on the website. Keep those of us on this side of the water posted.
Grace
Post a Comment
<< Home