Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Mass email...finally

AT LONG LAST I finally got a mass-email out.
If that is what directed you to this site: Great. It worked. If you did not get it and want it, drop me a line and I'll send it to you--though if you have already been viewing this site then it will not contain anything that surprises you.

A note on my blog habits: I have an obsessive compulsive tendency to back-date postings to the time that the events actually occurred. SO, do not be surprised if you notice a new posting inserted in the last month, or if there are entries posted on days that you know I was in the bush, nowhere near a computer. I also do that with spelling and grammar errors. That's just me.

I have been hanging out in town a bit too long this week, so I am itching to get back to site. I did manage to accomplish quite a bit out here, though. After meeting with local HIV/AIDS Awareness groups we came up with a bunch of good ideas for keeping kids occupied with evening activities. The local clinic has a TV and VHS player at their disposal, so we are entertaining the idea of showing weekly movies. Stay tuned: I may be begging you all to send your old VHS tapes my way.

Oh yeah, and GO STEELERS!

1 Comments:

At 8:33 PM, Blogger Grace said...

Hey, mune, Ned--
Have you contacted Uttara about possible HIV/AIDS education programs? Now would be a great time to email her. She's such a great resource for you in Zambia.
Tell her I say hi.

Glad to hear all is going well for you. You may want to think about the type of activities the students do in afterschool programming here in the states (clubs, sports, volunteer service) to plan for their activities in your village.

Did you get anything else from us choir crew-tons? If you don't receive something else, pls. email Fred or me.

Good luck to you and much busuma,
Grace

 

Post a Comment

<< Home